Monument record MDR13500 - Congregational Chapel (site of), Chatsworth Road, Chesterfield
Type and Period (2)
- CONGREGATIONAL CHAPEL (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD to 1880 AD)
- SUNDAY SCHOOL (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD to 1880 AD)
- None recorded
There is a Congregational Chapel, with a separate building to the rear situated on Chatsworth Road on the 1st edition 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1880. (1) The 2nd edition 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1900 also shows the building to the rear of the chapel was in use as a Sunday School. (2) Modern maps show the chapel is no longer extant but the Sunday School may be, with an extension to the north. The site is part of a car show room. (3)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. website accessed.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3706 7087 (29m by 44m)|
|Civil Parish||CHESTERFIELD, CHESTERFIELD, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 19 2017 12:04PM