Monument record MDR13571 - Disused mine adit, Slate Pit Dale, Holymoorside and Walton
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
There is an 'Old Shaft' situated here on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880 and 2nd edition 25" OS map of c. 1900. It is labelled as an 'Old Level (Coal)' on the 3rd edition 25" OS map of the early 20th century. (1-3) Modern OS maps label the feature as an 'Adit (disused)'. It appears to be situated along the overgrown hedge line, and nothing is immediately visible on Google Maps aerial photographs. (4-5)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
- <5> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 15/02/2013.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3434 6787 (5m by 6m)|
|Civil Parish||HOLYMOORSIDE AND WALTON, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Feb 15 2013 3:56PM