Riddings House [HER 13606] was built in 1820 for James Oakes of Derby. He created a fine park of nearly 300 acres to shield his family from the nearby coalmines, of which he was the owner. The park still survives. (1)
Ridge and furrow has been identified within Riddings Park. (2)
Bibliographic reference: Craven, M & Stanley, M. 2001. The Derbyshire Country House: 2. p 301.
Unpublished document: Coates, R. 2011. Email to the HER from the Principal Community Planning Officer, Amber Valley, 04/05/2011.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 4293 5292 (945m by 532m)
RIDDINGS, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
May 20 2020 12:17PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.