A National School, dated 1857 and extended in 1887. It is built of red brick beneath a gabled slate roof. The eaves address the street; this elevation features two prominent chimney stacks, each flanked by a pair of mullioned windows. The return elevation has two gables. The left hand gable has a projecting porch beneath the inscription "Infants School 1857". The right hand gable has a large mullioned window beneath the inscription "Class Room 1887". (1)
Modern maps show this building is now in use as a church hall. (2)
*Internet Web Site: Erewash Borough Council. List of buildings of local interest. www.erewash.gov.uk. LL/733.
*Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. website accessed 20/03/2013.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 4606 3353 (19m by 16m)
BREASTON, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 14 2013 2:32PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.