A house built in the mid-to-late nineteenth century, incorporating the remains of a Georgian farmhouse. The house is rendered beneath a hipped plain tile roof. The front elevation is two storeys tall. The first floor features three tall window openings with segmental heads; the windows are modern. The ground floor is concealed by a verandah with a hipped slate roof. To the right, the remains of the farmhouse are built of painted brick, partly rendered, beneath a gabled plain tile roof. This building may possess some special historic interest due to its close historic association with George Perks JP (1865-1947), a builder, who lived here from 1910. (1)
*Internet Web Site: Erewash Borough Council. List of buildings of local interest. www.erewash.gov.uk. LL/742.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 4606 3379 (22m by 12m)
BREASTON, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Aug 12 2013 4:10PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.