The east lodge to Locko Park, built before 1835 and extended in the late nineteenth century by the addition of a south wing. The lodge is in the Gothick style. It is faced in pebbledash render beneath a gabled plain tile roof laid in decorative bands. The lodge is one-and-a-half storeys tall. There is a central timber framed porch flanked by square window openings beneath pointed arched hoodmoulds. The lodge is named on Sanderson's map of 1835. The building is unlikely to date to before c.1700 (the "brick threshold"). (1)
*Internet Web Site: Erewash Borough Council. List of buildings of local interest. www.erewash.gov.uk. LL/583.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 4155 3833 (12m by 13m)
DALE ABBEY, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 21 2014 3:16PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.