(Stuart to Georgian - 1700 AD to 1799 AD)
Loading documents & images
A public house, built in the eighteenth century. It is faced in roughcast render beneath a gabled Staffordshire blue tiled roof. The front elevation is two storeys tall. There is a central, late nineteenth century gabled porch with a semicircular doorcase. This is flanked on either side by two window openings with stone sills. There are similar windows above. Contemporary farm buildings survive to the rear. Formerly known as the Stanhope Arms. (1)
*Internet Web Site: Erewash Borough Council. List of buildings of local interest. www.erewash.gov.uk. LL/167.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 4270 3882 (17m by 17m)
DALE ABBEY, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 21 2014 3:16PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.