Skip to main content

Building record MDR13631 - Spondon Wood Farm, Dale Road, Dale Abbey

Type and Period (1)

  • (Stuart to Hanoverian - 1700 AD to 1835 AD)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

A farmstead, built before 1835. The farmhouse is built of red brick in random bond, with dentillated eaves beneath a gabled concrete tile roof. It is two-and-a-half storeys tall. There is a central gabled porch flanked by early twentieth century side-hung casements. Some contemporary farm buildings survive, albeit altered. The farmstead is named on Sanderson's Map of 1835. The farmstead is unlikely to date to before c.1700 (the "brick threshold"). (1)

Sources/Archives (1)

  • <1> *Internet Web Site: Erewash Borough Council. List of buildings of local interest. LL/585.



Grid reference Centred SK 4159 3724 (45m by 42m)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Oct 3 2023 10:17AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.