Building record MDR13666 - Lime Farm, Mansfield Road, Morley
Type and Period (1)
(Georgian to Hanoverian - 1786 AD to 1835 AD)
Loading documents & images
A farmhouse, probably built in the late eighteenth or early nineteenth century. Altered in 1853, probably for Thomas Bailey. The farmhouse is faced in smooth render with stone dressings, beneath a plain tile roof with gable parapets. There is a central gabled porch with the datestone "TOB MDCCCLIII", flanked by vertical sash windows with wedge lintels. No contemporary farm buildings survive. Morley's open fields were enclosed in 1786. The farmhouse is named on Sanderson's Map of 1835.
*Internet Web Site: Erewash Borough Council. List of buildings of local interest. www.erewash.gov.uk. LL/575.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 3917 4001 (13m by 11m)
MORLEY, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 15 2015 5:58PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.