A house, built in 1873. Designed by Stevens & Robinson for Charles Schwind JP, chairman of Andrew Handyside & Co, iron founders. Later occupied by George William Crompton JP. The house is built of rockfaced stone beneath a gabled slate roof. The garden elevation features a central entrance door flanked by two-storey canted bays. A refectory block of 1982 links the house to a contemporary stable block. The house was sold to the Derbyshire Farm Institute in 1947. College buildings to the north-east of the site are not of special interest. The house may possess some special historic interest due to its close historic associations with Charles Schwind JP and George William
Crompton JP, both of whom are figures of local interest. (1)
*Internet Web Site: Erewash Borough Council. List of buildings of local interest. www.erewash.gov.uk. LL/680.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 3855 4007 (38m by 63m)
MORLEY, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 15 2015 5:58PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.