Previously known as Ivanhoe House. A house, built for William Redgate in the 1880's. It is built of red brick beneath a gabled slate roof. The front elevation is two storeys tall. There is a central Corinthian doorcase, flanked by full height canted bay windows with hipped roofs. From 1892 this was the home of James Winfield (1835-1913), a lace manufacturer. Winfield was the Chair of Long Eaton UDC 1899-1901. (1)
*Internet Web Site: Erewash Borough Council. List of buildings of local interest. www.erewash.gov.uk. LL/731.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 4835 3408 (13m by 12m)
LONG EATON, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 5 2017 11:09AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.