A house, built c.1903. It is built of red brick beneath a hipped plain tile roof. The front elevation is two storeys tall. To the left is an octagonal corner tower with a steeply pitched roof. To the right, there is a single storey bay window with battlements. This was the home of John Crowe, a lace manufacturer and Chair of Long Eaton UDC 1915-16. In the 1980s a large single storey wing was added to the east of the property, in conjunction with its use as a nursing home. (1)
*Internet Web Site: Erewash Borough Council. List of buildings of local interest. www.erewash.gov.uk. LL/730.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 4819 3402 (30m by 27m)
LONG EATON, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 5 2017 11:09AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.