Building record MDR13715 - The Elms, 197 Derby Road, Long Eaton
Type and Period (1)
(Victorian to Edwardian - 1880 AD to 1902 AD)
Loading documents & images
A house, built in the late nineteenth century. It is built of red brick, the front elevation stuccoed, beneath a hipped slate roof. The front elevation is two-and-a-half storeys tall. The central proecting bay features a pedimented porch. To either side are single-storey canted bay windows. This was the home of Joseph Orchard JP, a lace manufacturer. He was the Chair of Long Eaton UDC 1907-1909. (1)
*Internet Web Site: Erewash Borough Council. List of buildings of local interest. www.erewash.gov.uk. LL/715.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 4836 3403 (15m by 17m)
LONG EATON, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 5 2017 11:10AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.