A house and surgery, built in 1908 for Samuel Clegg. Designed by Albert Edward Lambert in the Arts & Crafts style, to compliment Rye Hill Close
(qv) [SMR 28471]. It is built of purple brick beneath a slate roof. It is two storeys tall. The elevation to Bradshaw Street has, to the right, a projecting wing beneath a shaped gable. The house appears in Pevsner's Buildings of England. It was the home of Charles Hugh Latham MB, a physician and surgeon. (1)
*Internet Web Site: Erewash Borough Council. List of buildings of local interest. www.erewash.gov.uk. LL/134.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 4800 3208 (20m by 20m)
SAWLEY, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 24 2013 4:14PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.