Monument record MDR1375 - Engine House, Mandale Mine, Over Haddon
Type and Period (2)
- ENGINE HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- LEAT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
The remains of Mandale Mine engine house in Lathkill Dale. There is an associated leat. (1). Photograph collection (2) 1840-1850 engine house of Mandale Mine contained a water driven pump which dewatered the Mandale Mines. House was built of limestone with gritstone coping. (4)
- <1> SDR9881 Index: NDAT. 1675. 1675.
- <2> SDR18970 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Black and white photograph collection. 530.4-5; 530.8-10.
- <3> SDR18971 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Slide Collection. 11418.1-2.
- <4> SDR18788 Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 1997. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology. A Gazetteer of Sites. Part IV. Derbyshire Dales.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1964 6615 (23m by 20m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||OVER HADDON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 30 2015 2:17PM