Monument record MDR13811 - Disused lead shafts, north of Ember Lane, Bonsall
Type and Period (2)
- LEAD MINE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- MINE SHAFT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Old Lead Shafts are situated here on late 19th and early 20th century 25" OS maps. (1-3) Disused shafts are labelled here on modern OS mapping, and there appears to be a line of circular earthworks running westsouthwest-eastnortheast on modern aerial photographs. (4-5)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
- <5> SDR19075 Aerial Photograph: UK Perspectives. 1999-2002. Aerial photographic coverage of Derbyshire.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2828 5821 (174m by 120m)|
|Civil Parish||BONSALL, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Aug 21 2017 3:11PM