Building record MDR13846 - No. 197 Burton Road, Derby
Type and Period (1)
(Victorian to Early 20th Century - 1850 AD to 1901 AD)
Loading documents & images
Very large late Victorian mansion located on a corner site, with terracotta and stone dressings and slate roof, including conical turrets. The corner entrance bay has a curved parapet with ball finials, over a large stone doorcase. Originally named ‘Ardogh’ and possibly designed by local architect Arthur Eaton. (1)
Bibliographic reference: Derby City Council. 2010. City of Derby Local List. p 12.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 3460 3511 (19m by 19m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 22 2014 4:37PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.