Single pile three storey public house built in 1819, with later ground floor full width extension and original angled outbuildings to the rear. Ground floor extension is clad in stone with neo-classical semi-circular rusticated arcade of windows and stone parapet. Windows and doors have been altered. The first and second floor windows have molded surrounds and sill band. It was built by the Sowter family before 1819 for the manager of the adjacent mill, which has been demolished. The house was converted into a pub in the 1880s. (1)
Bibliographic reference: Derby City Council. 2010. City of Derby Local List. p 15/6.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 3486 3621 (21m by 24m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 16 2021 11:02AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.