Dated 1816 when the area (once Erasmus Darwin’s garden) was sold to local solicitor William Eaton Mousley for building, and not later than 1818 when it appears in a directory. Last pub in Derby to brew on the premises, this ending in 1970 when this free house was sold to Bass. In 1980 sold to Marston’s. 3 storey; brick, with rendered ground floor; concrete tiled roof; doorcase with hood consoles; haunched stone lintels. One blind window on the first floor and two on the second floor. Extension to Exeter Street (No. 32) circa 1905/1914. Single storey flat roof addition, rendered face, radius cornered, with casement windows. Single storey, rendered slate roofed building at rear (ex-brewhouse). (1)
Bibliographic reference: Derby City Council. 2010. City of Derby Local List. p 16, illus p 16.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 3558 3648 (16m by 18m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 16 2017 10:26AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.