Brick apartment complex with blue mosaic details designed by Derby’s first Borough Architect, C.H. Aslin, and built in 1929. The building is one of the first examples of city centre public housing and the first municipal flats in Derby. Railings designed to match the geometrical style of the building. This was the first element of the Second Derby Improvement Plan (1929-30) to be completed. Named after Exeter House (demolished in 1854) in whose former grounds it sits. (1)
Bibliographic reference: Derby City Council. 2010. City of Derby Local List. p 16.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 3555 3644 (59m by 51m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 16 2017 10:26AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.