Dated 1903 -1905 (rebuilt). Large, red brick, debased Gothic style church with 4 bay nave and imposing west tower. Slate roof with red ridge tiles. Nave, north and south lean-to aisle, transepts, chancel polygonal apse, plus single storey block in south east angle. Nave, 4 triple light lancet, heads of lower light either side in dressed stone surrounds, the aisles have similar arrangements as for windows. North and south transepts, five tall lancet lights within pointed stone arch. Apsidal end, 3 triple light lancets, heads of lower light cinqufoiled, quarterfoiled over, within stone surround and pointed arch. (1)
Bibliographic reference: Derby City Council. 2010. City of Derby Local List. p 21.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 3577 3562 (38m by 36m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 20 2013 3:23PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.