Four storey early 20th century brick built shops and dwellings, built after 1908. Recently restored timber shop fronts at ground level. Central stone scrolled pediment with phoenix motif. Highly decorated façade with pilasters and stone transom and mullion windows at first and second floor. Rubbed gauged brick arches over windows, elliptical at first floor and segmental at second floor, and carved stone sills and keystones. Vertical sliding sash windows on all floors an slate pitched roof. Greatly altered in form at the rear and essentially only the original façade remains. (1)
Bibliographic reference: Derby City Council. 2010. City of Derby Local List. p 20.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 3549 3577 (68m by 64m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Feb 6 2023 12:59PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.