Large highly decorated late Victorian public house built in 1886 with hipped clay tiled roof, in a corner location. Some baroque features, including broken pediment gables and terracotta pilasters. Molded terracotta dressings on all elevations. Large elliptical arch through to doorway with original timber paneled doors to front and sides, with multi-paned stained glass fanlights. Multi-paned sliding sash windows with coloured glass. Intact outbuildings. Terracotta date plaque ‘1886’ on north elevation. Possibly designed by James Wright. (1)
Bibliographic reference: Derby City Council. 2010. City of Derby Local List. p 31.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 3505 3491 (11m by 19m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 3 2013 11:04AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.