Dated 1908 for H S Boden. Pair of houses in arts and crafts style. Red brick and some rough-cast render. Westmorland slate roof. Originally built as staff dormitory to Friary House, the residence of the Boden family of Boden and Morley’s Lace Mill off Loudon Street. Built in 1825 as Castlefields Mill, the first large Lace Mill in Derby – demolished in the1960’s to make way for Main Centre, which in turn has been replaced by the Westfield Centre. (1)
Bibliographic reference: Derby City Council. 2010. City of Derby Local List. p 31-32.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 3474 3623 (19m by 13m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 16 2017 10:26AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.