Villa built in 1851 to the designs of William Mansfield Cooper, by John Sutton. Two storeys; brick with slate covered hipped roof. Front elevation original stuccoed but this has been removed and the brick exposed on the front elevation. Central door to the front with stone portico, having two Doric columns and two pilasters with capitals and moulded cornice. Two ground floor canted bays to either side of the entrance, with plain sliding sash windows. Three plain sliding sash windows on the first floor. Gritstone boundary wall with four gritstone gate piers, stone capped. Source: House deeds (seen by MC 2/2003). (1)
Bibliographic reference: Derby City Council. 2010. City of Derby Local List. p 42.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 3478 3779 (17m by 13m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 22 2022 1:16PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.