Arts & Crafts style chapel and lodge, built 1899-1900 by John Ward, Borough Architect. Red brick with gritstone dressings and red clay tile roof. On the chapel, stone surrounded and mullioned windows, leaded on the attic floor, and Tudor style entrance door with four pointed arch and mullioned fanlight. Timber paneled two leaf door with herringbone pattern. Lodge has similar half timbered gable and large casement windows with single horizontal glazing bars. Rectangular mono-pitch eaves dormer between the gables of the lodge on the left and the chapel on the right. Mono-pitch tile covered entrance porch to lodge with half timbering in half gable, diagonal timber door, and leaded corner light. (1)
Bibliographic reference: Derby City Council. 2010. City of Derby Local List. p 49.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 3409 3346 (15m by 18m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 12 2013 11:10AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.