Late 18th century farmhouse. Three storey, three bays, red brick with a tiled roof. Front elevation has central entrance door with fanlight, and a 20 pane sliding sash window either side. First floor has two 20 pane sliding sash windows and one central 16 pane sliding sash window. Second floor has three 6 pane sliding sash windows. Haunched stone heads to all windows and projecting stone sills. The site was in use as a tenanted farm of Burton Abbey as early as 1125, and there was also a mill at what was then called Henovre (Heanor), according to the charters of the Abbey. (1)
Bibliographic reference: Derby City Council. 2010. City of Derby Local List. p49-50.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 3201 3484 (16m by 13m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 6 2017 2:27PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.