Built as part of the evangalisation of the spreading suburbs of 19th century Normanton, circa 1896 to the designs of important local architects Naylor & Sale, and consecrated in 1898. Red brick with a slate roof, decorated ridge tiles, stone dressings to buttresses. Four bays, nave, chancel, north and south aisles, west porches built into the aisles. Organ chamber south, vestry north, crypt. Built in three phases. Nine pairs of pointed trefoil lancet arch clerestory windows per stone, continuous stone sill course. Aisles north have three sets of triple lancets, and double lancet with roundel over; south, three sets of triple lancets, a single lancet, all with stone keystones; organ chamber has single lancet, and vestry five light windows. West window, six lancet lights, pointed trefoils, flowing tracery above, under one pointed arch, hood mould with masks. North aisle, cinquefoil within circular window in gable, hood mould with masks. South aisle, roundel in gable. East window, circa 1921 is a memorial with 13 regimental badges (1914-1918) in head of lights and spandrels. (1)
Bibliographic reference: Derby City Council. 2010. City of Derby Local List. p 52-3.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 3493 3442 (42m by 31m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 12 2013 12:54PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.