Monument record MDR14097 - Former quarry, north of Cavendish Golf Course, Buxton

Type and Period (1)

  • (Tudor to Victorian - 1540 AD to 1882 AD)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

A quarry displayed as an earthwork on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880, but not labelled. (1) It is still present on modern OS maps, and can be seen clearly as an earthwork on modern aerial photographs. (2-3)

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <1> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <2> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
  • <3> *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 05/11/2013.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 0432 7410 (55m by 47m)
Civil Parish BUXTON, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Nov 20 2013 3:05PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.