Monument record MDR14104 - Former quarry, northwest of Corbar Road, Buxton

Type and Period (1)

  • (Tudor to Victorian - 1540 AD to 1882 AD)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

There is an active quarry situated at this location on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. It doesn't appear to be active by the 2nd edition 25" OS map of c. 1900. (1-2) The former quarry is marked on modern OS maps as an earthwork. (3)

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <1> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <2> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <3> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 0545 7424 (88m by 77m)
Civil Parish BUXTON, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Jan 31 2018 10:55AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.