Building record MDR14111 - Former Court House and Police Station, Station Road, Renishaw
Type and Period (2)
- POLICE STATION (Victorian to Early 20th Century - 1896 AD to 1921 AD)
- COURT HOUSE (Victorian to Early 20th Century - 1896 AD to 1921 AD)
- None recorded
Renishaw Court House and Police Station is a Victorian building of brick and slate construction with stone dressings. A set of plans dating to 1995 show that the interior remained largely intact at this time, including a set of cells, exercise yard, parade room, sergeants' office, charge office, witnesses waiting room, court room etc. (1) The Court House and Police Station are not present on the 2nd edition 25" OS map of c. 1900. They first appear on the 3rd edition 25" OS map of the early 20th century. (2-3)
- <1> SDR22063 Unpublished document: Derbyshire County Council. 1995. For Sale by Private Treaty: Renishaw Court House and Police Station.
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
|Grid reference||Centred SK 4433 7826 (33m by 44m)|
|Civil Parish||ECKINGTON, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 30 2014 12:23PM