Monument record MDR14113 - Probable prehistoric barrow, off Green Lane, Wilson
Type and Period (1)
- BARROW (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- None recorded
The site of a probable prehistoric barrow, approximately 35 metres in diameter. It is situated on the top of a ridge and is prominent on the skyline. (1-2) The site is visible on aerial photographs from 1971-2 and can still be seen on Bing Maps Bird's Eye View . (3-4)
- <1> SDR22065 Verbal communication: Fawcett, G. 2013. Personal communication to D Barrett.
- <2> SDR19552 Personal Observation: Barrett, D. Observations from map/aerial photographs, site visit or other personal communication. Site visit 10/10/2013.
- <3> SDR1229 Aerial Photograph: 1971. Fairey Surveys 1:12000.
- <4> SDR20759 *Internet Web Site: Bing Maps. www.bing.com/maps. Website viewed 09/01/2014.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 4009 2454 (121m by 116m)|
|Civil Parish||MELBOURNE, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 8 2015 11:10AM