Monument record MDR14142 - Hayfield Road Quarries, Chinley
Type and Period (1)
- SANDSTONE QUARRY (Victorian - 1880 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
A series of earthworks are shown off Hayfield Road, Chinley on the 1st edition 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1880. (1) The 2nd edition 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1900 labels the earthworks as Old Quarries. (2) The 3rd edition 25" Ordnance Survey map of the early 20th century shows a small quarry to the south of the original quarries. (3) Modern aerial photographs show earthworks are still extant. (4)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. website accessed 21/02/2014.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 0523 8324 (100m by 173m)|
|Civil Parish||CHINLEY, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Feb 21 2014 11:28AM