Monument record MDR14148 - Dale View Quarry, Pilhough Road, Stanton in the Peak
Type and Period (1)
- SANDSTONE QUARRY (Victorian to Mid 20th Century - 1900 AD to 1950 AD)
- None recorded
Dale View Quarry was included in a study into the potential to re-establish the roofing slate industry of the South Pennine region. (1) The 2nd edition 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1900 shows a small quarry south of New Pilhough Quarry. (2) The 3rd edition 25" Ordnance Survey map of the early 20th century shows the quarry had increased in size. (3) Modern maps show Dale View Quarry as disused. (4)
- <1> SDR21454 Bibliographic reference: Hughes, T (PDNPA). 1996. The Grey Slates of the South Pennines, Volume Two: The Quarries and the Slates. p 132, Quarry Number Q 115.
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series. accessed 25/02/2014.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2504 6431 (203m by 201m)|
|Civil Parish||STANTON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 15 2015 12:57PM