Monument record MDR1416 - Kirk Dale Mine, 387m east of St Michael and All Angel's Church, Sheldon
Type and Period (1)
- LEAD MINE (Post Medieval to Late 20th Century - 1540 AD to 2000 AD)
- None recorded
- <1> SDR4754 Bibliographic reference: Ford, T & Rieuwerts, J. 1983. Lead Mining in the Peak District, 3rd edition. p69, 79.
- <2> SDR19109 Bibliographic reference: Hill, R (PPJPB). 1985. Peak Park Treasures. C21; PWFC; undated.
- <3> SDR13021 Photograph: Kirk Dale Mine. Photo : 2 : 14.
- <4> SDR12646 Personal Observation: Parker, R M. 1990. Pers. Comm..
- <5> SDR19822 Bibliographic reference: Barnatt, J. 2004. An Inventory of Regionally & Nationally Important Lead Mining Sites in the Peak District. Vol. 1: Context, Inventory, Summary & Analyses. No. N159.
- <6> SDR21540 Bibliographic reference: Barnatt, J. 2005. Updated Inventory of Regionally & Nationally Important Lead Mining Sites in the Peak District.. p 9, Site no. N157.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 181 687 (540m by 589m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||SHELDON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 30 2013 9:23AM