Monument record MDR14198 - Thorpe Mill (site of), Thorpe
Type and Period (3)
- None recorded
A watermill is shown in this vicinity on William Yates' map of 1775. (1) Named as 'Thorp Mill' on the 1st edition 1" OS map of 1836. (2) Identified as a corn mill on the first edition 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1880. (3) The mill is marked as disused by the time the 2nd edition 25" Ordnance Survey map was published circa 1900. (4) The mill buildings have since been demolished, but part of the mill race still survives . (5)
- <1> SDR22105 Map: Yates, W (The Staffordshire Record Society). 1775. A Map of the County of Stafford.
- <2> SDR11916 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1836. OS One Inch to One Mile Map. 1".
- <3> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <5> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1464 5046 (68m by 146m)|
|Civil Parish||THORPE, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 14 2016 11:40AM