The medieval park at Cubley is considered to open up to the south of Little Cubley, crossing over the post-medieval road (now the A515) to abut the sinuous parish boundary to the west. Field names surviving in to the 19th century reflect the past interest in hunting and deer. A group of fields close to Gorse Covert bore the name 'Hartshead'; the 'Conigree' is close to Bentley Carr and there are park names adjoining Cubley Lodge. The two 'Pale Close' fields place the northern boundary above Coppice Farm. (1)
Bibliographic reference: Wiltshire, M & Woore, S. 2009. Medieval Parks of Derbyshire. pp. 58-9.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 1634 3702 (2112m by 1717m)
CUBLEY, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 16 2020 8:27AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.