Monument record MDR1441 - Round Barrow (lost), Pilsbury, Hartington Town Quarter
Type and Period (2)
- CREMATION (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- ROUND BARROW (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- None recorded
SK 12 63: PILSBURY, ROUND BARROW (lost). A small Bronze Age barrow excavated by T. Bateman on the 12th September 1851, it was composed of earth and stone and contained only some burnt bone and an animal tooth. (1,3,4) Not located. (2) There are no known extant sites that fit this description. The location is so vague that its site cannot be identified. (5)
- <1> SDR16985 Bibliographic reference: Bateman, T. 1861. Ten Years' Diggings in Celtic and Saxon Grave Hills. p81.
- <2> SDR6315 Personal Observation: 1966. F1 FRH.
- <3> SDR10490 Index: NDAT. 1075. 1075.
- <4> SDR8270 Unpublished document: Lewis, G (University of Liverpool). 1970. The Bronze Age in the Southern Pennines. p496.
- <5> SDR2466 Unpublished document: Barnatt, J. 1989. The Peak District Barrow Survey (updated 1994). Site 7:54.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 11 63 (328m by 387m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||HARTINGTON TOWN QUARTER, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 9 2015 10:31AM