Monument record MDR1460 - Bullock Low, Hartington
Type and Period (1)
- BARROW ? (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- None recorded
SK 129 600. Bullock Low, near Hartington, is listed as a possible barrow site based on placename evidence. (1). The indicated site is a prominent hilltop. There is just a suggestion of a mound but it appears natural. (2). There appears to be no reference within Barnatt's barrow survey that correlatres with this site. (3,4).
- <1> SDR16985 Bibliographic reference: Bateman, T. 1861. Ten Years' Diggings in Celtic and Saxon Grave Hills. p 290.
- <2> SDR6315 Personal Observation: 1966. F1 FRH.
- <3> SDR2466 Unpublished document: Barnatt, J. 1989. The Peak District Barrow Survey (updated 1994).
- <4> SDR13316 Personal Observation: R2 HEJ 24-NOV-93.
|Grid reference||SK 128 600 (point) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||HARTINGTON TOWN QUARTER, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 7 2010 3:45PM