A farm (stable) complex that has contained buildings since the 18th century. By 1875 gas was being produced here for use in the Hall [SMR 1105], although the machinery was dismantled in the 1950s. (1)
There is a gasometer shown to the north-west of the farm buildings on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. (2)
Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 4756 7836 (71m by 64m)
BARLBOROUGH, BOLSOVER, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 12 2019 1:18PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.