Monument record MDR14695 - Wortley Lead Mine (disused), Bradwell
Type and Period (1)
- LEAD MINE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
'Wortley Mine (Lead)' is situated at this location on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. It is labelled as disused by the 2nd edition 25" OS map of c. 1900. It is still labelled as the disused Wortley Mine on the modern OS map. (1-3) There is a former lead mine situated at SK 177 810. (4)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
- <4> SDR18788 Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 1997. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology. A Gazetteer of Sites. Part IV. Derbyshire Dales. p. 13.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1772 8105 (226m by 108m)|
|Civil Parish||BRADWELL, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 19 2016 3:47PM