Monument record MDR14703 - Disused stone quarry, west of Riddings Lane, Curbar

Type and Period (1)

  • (Victorian to Early 20th Century - 1875 AD to 1921 AD)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

A disused stone quarry is situated at SK 245 755. (1) A quarry appears here on the 2nd edition 25" OS map of c. 1900. It is not on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. (2, 3) The quarry expands by the 3rd edition 25" OS map of the early 20th century. (4)

Sources/Archives (4)

  • <1> Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 1997. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology. A Gazetteer of Sites. Part IV. Derbyshire Dales. p. 20; Feature 104.
  • <2> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <3> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <4> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 2446 7558 (59m by 69m)
Civil Parish CURBAR, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Jul 12 2016 12:01PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.