Building record MDR14885 - Belper Youth and Community Education Centre, Quarry Road, Belper
Type and Period (1)
- SCHOOL (Victorian - 1877 AD to 1877 AD)
- None recorded
Cow Hill School was erected in 1877 for girls and infants. According to map annotations (1st edition OS map of c. 1880), the school was open for girls, boys and infants. (1, 2) The school still appears to be standing, but has been extended to the east . It is now known as Belper Youth and Community Education Centre. (3, 4)
- <1> SDR22667 Unpublished document: Procter, P. Historic School Buildings (Derbyshire).
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
- <4> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 16/01/2015.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3494 4654 (38m by 39m)|
|Civil Parish||BELPER, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM