Monument record MDR1489 - Round Barrow (lost), Cotes Field, Hartington Middle Quarter
Type and Period (3)
- LIME KILN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- HUMAN REMAINS (Bronze Age - 2350 BC? to 701 BC?)
- BARROW ? (Bronze Age - 2350 BC? to 701 BC?)
- None recorded
SK 13 64: COTES FIELD, ROUND BARROW (LOST). The barrow was examined by T. Bateman 10th June 1850. The interior was occupied by a lime kiln [SMR 29109]. A few fragments of human bone were recovered , as well as rodent bones. (1,3). There are no extant sites which fit this description. Cotesfield Farm is at SK 134 646. (4).
- <1> SDR16985 Bibliographic reference: Bateman, T. 1861. Ten Years' Diggings in Celtic and Saxon Grave Hills. p67.
- <2> SDR8643 Bibliographic reference: Marsden, B. 1977. The Burial Mounds of Derbyshire. p47.
- <3> SDR10685 Index: NDAT. 2817. 2817.
- <4> SDR2466 Unpublished document: Barnatt, J. 1989. The Peak District Barrow Survey (updated 1994). Site 7:53.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 13 64 (1000m by 1000m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||HARTINGTON MIDDLE QUARTER, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 30 2019 12:17PM