Monument record MDR14934 - Stapleford Mill (site of), Sandiacre

Type and Period (1)

  • (Stuart to Victorian - 1700 AD to 1900 AD)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

The earliest record refers to William Chambers’ mill at Stapleford and is dated 1653. There is a record of sale of Stapleford Hall and Estate in 1856 which refers to a corn mill. The mill is shown on the OS one-inch map of 1836. (1)

Sources/Archives (1)

  • <1> Unpublished document: John Samuels Archaeological Consultants (JSAC). 1994. The Historical Water Mangagement of the Mills on River Leen and River Erewash..

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 4863 3756 (119m by 67m)
Civil Parish SANDIACRE, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (1)

  • EDR3467

Please contact the HER for details.

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Nov 13 2015 5:06PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.