Vehicles parked in the building to the right of the forecourt which now bears the garage nameplate. In the early 1900s the filling station began to operate a taxi service to and from Stretton Station on the Midland Railway. The taxi was a Ford Model T which carrried wealthy visitors to Ashover's two hydropathic institutions, Ashover House and Amber Vale. (1)
Vernacular building dated to 1671 as indicated by datestone. (2)
Bibliographic reference: Warner, T & Buxton, P (North East Derbyshire District Council). 1979. Ashover Village Trail.
Index: Evans, R. 1976. Some dated vernacular buildings in Derbyshire.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 3494 6323 (21m by 21m)
ASHOVER, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 1 2017 4:43PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.