The Chapel was built in 1807 and provided a meeting place for Ashover’s Sunday School. Tuition in reading and writing received at the Chapel was the only education many of Ashover’s children ever obtained. The Chapel is now completely demolished, although the boundary walls are still visible in the wooded area. (1)
Bibliographic reference: Warner, T & Buxton, P (North East Derbyshire District Council). 1979. Ashover Village Trail. p. 14.
Photograph: Photograph Collection, Conservation & Design section, Derbyshire County Council. HER Images/North East Derbyshire/Ashover.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 3458 6381 (21m by 21m)
ASHOVER, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 21 2017 3:35PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.