A grade II listed stone terraced range, built circa 1835 with later alterations. It is two storeys high. Each house has two sash windows (generally without glazing bars) and continuous sill bands. They also each have plain pilaster doorcases having entablatures with paterae and brattishing in the form of acroteria above cornices, and rectangular fanlights (some retaining geometric-pattern glazing bars). Some have six-panelled doors. No 16 has a later 19th century canted bay window. The terrace has bold lined eaves, and a slate roof, hipped at each end of the range, which has a splayed return on the left-hand side with a corner doorway (to No 1). (1)
An ashlar faced terrace of two lots of eight substantial houses designed by William Smith of Derby. They were built 1818-22 for a Building Club on land made available by William Strutt of St Helen's. The fall of the land provides an extra storey at the rear and most of the interiors are intact, making a satisfying ensemble. (2)
Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. NHLE No: 1228769.
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 3514 3695 (21m by 109m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.