Monument record MDR14995 - Market Place, Buxton

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

Excavations during work on the market place has revealed only 18th century pottery and what appears to be in situ clays. (1) With the town hall built in 1888, in the centre, this district is known as Higher Buxton, and is the older part of the town. (2)

Sources/Archives (2)

  • <1> Unpublished document: Myers, A. 1995. Buxton Market Place site visit, 12th January 1995.
  • <2> Bibliographic reference: Borough of Buxton Publicity Department. 1950. Buxton, The Spa of Blue Waters.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 0582 7327 (71m by 107m)
Civil Parish BUXTON, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (2)

  • EDR3642
  • EDR1964

Please contact the HER for details.

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Jan 31 2018 10:56AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.