Monument record MDR15026 - 'Mr. Harpur's Old House' (site of) and 'Hornbuckle's House' (site of), Locko Park, Dale Abbey
Type and Period (1)
(Medieval to Georgian - 1120 AD to 1799 AD)
Loading documents & images
Buildings thought to have been constructed as part of the continuing site of The Preceptory of the Knight's of St. Lazarus at Locko. In 1553 Queen Mary granted licence to Suffolk to alienate the Locko property to George Swillington Esq., where the property then passed through various hands until it came into the possession of John Harpur Esq. of Littleover in about 1700. Hornbuckle's must similarly been part of the estate and presumably destroyed at a similar time. (1)
Article in serial: Marcombe, D (University of Nottingham). 1991. 'The Preceptory of the Knights of St Lazarus at Locko', Derbyshire Archaeological Journal. Volume 111, pp 51-63.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 4117 3891 (33m by 70m)
DALE ABBEY, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 25 2016 5:07PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.